This August the World Meeting of Families takes place in Dublin. With this in mind, we’re is creating a ‘Family Album’ to bring along to the World Meeting of Families! It’ll be a digital collection of drawings, and artwork from children, young adults and families. We’re giving everyone the opportunity to creatively show what family means!
Pope Francis says that through beauty, artists make the world better and that living together is an art – a patient, beautiful, fascinating journey. So, what better way for families to express the art of living together as family than actually through art!
How does it work?
- We’re encouraging everyone to get creative for our ‘Family Album’ for The World Meeting of Families.
- One of the most interesting things about art is its diversity so there doesn’t need to be any limits on style or materials. Artists can use any type of paper, white, coloured, rough or smooth. Their work may be drawn or painted, in pencil, charcoal, pen and ink, crayon, pastel, watercolour, gouache, acrylics, oils, poster colour and collage. The sky’s the limit!
- Size of artwork should not be smaller than A4 (29.7cm x 21.0cm) or larger than A2 (59.4cm x 42.0cm).
- It is best that all pieces are submitted in flat format only: not rolled, folded or framed.
- Artist/s should put their name/s and age on the reverse side of their work.
- Art may be scanned or photographed and forwarded to the Society (by email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Closing 31st July 2018.
- Further information is also available from HERE.